20 July 2009

Sim Lim Tower

I went to Sim Lim Tower to look for a CATV signal amplifier to improve my TV reception. Approached a shop on the 2nd floor. The salesman asked me to wait while he went to get a one input-four output unit to show me. He obviously went to the distributor to get the unit. He showed it to me. I asked whether there was a one input-two output unit. He derisively said no such thing.

I looked at the unit he showed me and asked how much. He said $35. I said too much. I was looking at one for $12.

I then went to the first floor and approached another shop. They showed me the same unit for $24 without bargaining. I asked whether they have one with 2 output. They called up the distributor to check then offered me one for $12!

Be careful when shopping. You must know your price before approaching the sales staff.

There was another time when I was looking for a remote for my Toshiba TV. The guy asked for $30. I finally bought one at Rochor Centre for $10!

No comments:

Post a Comment